Monday, December 31, 2012

To New Beginnings

I can't believe that today is the last day of 2012. This year has really flown by! We started the year off by going on a cruise and buying a new house and ending it with me getting a new job and graduating from college. There have been births and deaths and weddings and engagements, so it has been a very full year for Ben and I.

Ben and I graduated on December 20th at 2:30 in the afternoon from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He graduated with a BBA in Economics and I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts. There was going to be two different ceremonies and my graduation was supposed to be at 9:30 in the morning, so instead of going to two graduations I just walked with Ben's school. My tassle was white while his was a light brown, so I sort of stood out from the rest of the graduates. I was really happy to walk after Ben at our graduation and I was really proud of him because he made all A's his last semester of school. This was the first time he did that so I was very, very pleased with him. I made three A's and one C in my hard class. I feel bad that I did not apply myself more, but I am just relieved to have passed and I ended up with a 3.0.

My best friends and a lot of our family members came for graduation. After the ceremony we went to The Butcher Shoppe for the celebration meal. It was really good! My mom also got us cupcakes that were really tasty. We were really happy to be done with school!

My talented brother-in-law, Jay, took our graduation photos:


I got a new job at a new library in Otter Creek. It's the same level as my old job, but I'm a Holds Manager now instead of an AV Manager. I pull books and send them to other libraries for people to check out. I really love it here and my co-workers are really sweet people. Ben is going to be starting his search for a full-time job so that will be nice.

Tonight we are just going to have a small New Year's Eve celebration by ourselves. I can't believe that it's been two years since Ben proposed to me. I am so happy to be married to him and I can't wait to see how our life unfolds together. I know it's going to be interesting!

Oh, and here is a really cool song that was sung at church on Sunday that is a twist of Auld Lang Syne. All Glory be to Christ this new year.

http://www.joshharris.com/2012/12/kings_kaleidoscope_all_glory_b.php

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again! I'm glad we could be there for your special day. Hope you have an even better 2013!

    ReplyDelete