Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Patch and Traveling

Since my niece Emma was born, I've become her unofficial personal photographer. I can't help it, my camera just loves that baby! My sister-in-law wanted to take her 9 month photos (a couple of weeks shy of nine months) while the weather was nice and not too cold, so we decided to head on out to the pumpkin patch. My other sister-in-law, Lauren, and her three kids went with. Lauren is my excellent assistant when I need her to be. She's a pretty good photographer herself and her husband is my mentor. Here is a link to some of the other photos: Emma 9 months.

Here is one of the pictures I took. Isn't Emma the cutest little baby?


I also took this other photo of Emma and my other niece, Eliza, before the photoshoot. It's one of my favorites! Their expressions are so sweet. :)


The shoot went relatively well considering Emma is almost nine months old and has started crawling (soon to be walking). She did not want to smile too much because she was too interested in everything else that was going on around her. There was a train ride that she really loved watching go by. But we did get some good ones of her. I don't want her growing up too fast, but I've already got some great ideas for her 1 year photos. A photographer can never turn off their need to take photos!

I love being a photographer, and my favorite area is definitely people. This weekend I'll be trying my hand at interior photography. My mom wants me to take after pictures of her house so she can show her coworkers all the hard work she has done to it. My mother is amazing. She learned how to do so much work on her house and she has a great mind for design. I'm looking forward to spending a few days with her. Sadly, I'll be going by myself as Ben has work and school. I've been apart from him for a weekend before, but this time it will be three nights and four days! We're both pretty bummed at the thought of being away from each other (yeah, yeah, kinda sad but it's true!). My favorite part of the trip beside's seeing my mom will be visiting Laura Ingalls Wilder's house in Springfield, MO! I grew up on her books and I still love them. I still read them, too! I am so excited to actually get to see all the things I read about.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the beautiful pics! Have fun in Missouri!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I almost never comment...but, the photo of Emma in the pumpkin patch is outstanding... competition quality... You should look into submitting your work for photo stock. I really think you could receive royalty income for this..
    Not just a proud Dad.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I commented on this...something about having lots of practice being an assistant, blah blah blah. Oh, well, I like the pumpkin patch pictures, too! Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete